Free to apply and entering is easy. Review our 15 categories and register on the Constructing Excellence/SECBE Awards online portal to download entry forms.
**** THIS PAGE IS FOR REFERENCE ONLY. 2020 FINALISTS HAVE NOW BEEN ANNOUNCED. ****
Your entry should consist of:
- Completed entry form – this is the only document used in the first stage of the judging process.
- Logos – for all key parties that should be recognised in connection with any award (original .eps files for print)
- High resolution images (print quality) – up to 5 photos. Logos and images are used for publicity purposes.
Closing date close of business on 17th February 2020.
Submissions should relate to work primarily carried out during 2019, or for an example of organisational change where the majority of effort/impact took place in the calendar year 2019.
Submissions must relate to activities in the London and South East: Greater London, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Hampshire, IOW, Kent, Oxfordshire, Surrey, Sussex. Entries from CIOB members in Jersey and Guernsey and serviced by the Southampton Hub are also considered eligible.
Please do not hesitate to contact the awards team on 0118 9207 204 if you have any questions.
How to enter
- You will need to register on the online portal to download the relevant entry form. This is not a commitment to enter but does mean that we can keep in contact with all those interested in our awards.
- You will be able to download the entry form and complete at your convenience. You can then upload your entry form, photos and supporting logos at any time before the closing date.
- Judges will only score entries which are made on the official entry form.
- Click here to access our online portal.
- Ensure you read all the guidance notes, category criteria and instructions on how to enter before completing the entry form. Any applications not meeting these requirements will not be considered by the judges.
- Any organisation or project team submitting an entry for more than one category is welcome to do so providing each entry is presented as an individual submission using the appropriate application form.
- Contact details are required for the applicant, client and any other organisation that should be recognised in relation to the award.
- Print quality logos (.eps files) are required for the applicant, client and any other organisation listed on the entry form. It is important that current logos are supplied in this format with the submission as they will be etched onto the glass trophy presented to the winners.
- Information provided outside the specified word limits may not be taken into consideration. Appendices will not be taken into consideration.
- Supporting images, graphs, tables etc should be embedded within the document. Within reason, captions can be included in addition to stipulated word count. Short videos will be accepted.
- In addition, you should provide up to 5 high resolution photos, as individual files, to support your application. These are needed for publicity purposes. Photos should be of all aspects of the project or process including people and saved in high resolution jpeg format. These will not form part of your submission for review by the judges.
- The awards are free to enter.
Specific entry considerations
The Judging Day will be held on the 1st and 2nd July 2020. This is the second stage of our judging process and shortlisted entries will be required to make a presentation to the Judging Panels. Please make sure appropriate members of your team keep this date available.
Clients must be made aware in advance of any entries that refer to them and the judges may require evidence of client endorsement.
Membership of Constructing Excellence or a Constructing Excellence Club is not a requirement of entry but is encouraged.
The organisers reserve the right to feature/display submitted material in any editorial or promotion related to the work of Constructing Excellence, SECBE or Nationally.
A précis of short-listed entries will feature on the Constructing Excellence website and elsewhere. Short-listed entrants may be requested to participate in Constructing Excellence related events or case history presentations.
Winning submissions will automatically be put forward for National Constructing Excellence awards with the exception of Outstanding Customer Satisfaction and Apprenticeship Initiative. These two categories have been identified by SECBE as key drivers for positive change and are unique to the London and South East region.
The organisers reserve the right to reject any entry if, in their opinion, it fails to comply with the rules.
A copy of these guidelines available to download Entry_Guidelines.pdf