The judging process.
The judging process for the Constructing Excellence SECBE Awards is taken very seriously. Our judges have a passion for the principles and themes of these construction awards and demonstrate exceptional leadership ability and vision. We hold our judges to the highest standards of fairness, accuracy and integrity.
We have two rounds of judging:
- Shortlisting is based on the written submission. Every entry is evaluated with a discerning eye towards fulfillment of the category criteria and the impacts described.
- Those shortlisted, our finalists, are then invited to give a short presentation to one of our six judging panels on the Judging Day – Thursday 2nd April 2020. See information about the judging day below.
Throughout the judging process we make every effort to avoid conflicts of interest and we assign at least four judges to each entry.
- The panel of judges will consider each submission against the category criteria.
- The judges have the authority to move entries into more applicable categories.
- Shortlisted entrants will be required to make a presentation to the judging panel on the 2nd April 2020.
- Their decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into following the awards.
- Winners will be announced at the Awards Dinner to be held on Thursday, 2nd july 2020 in the Nine Kings Suite, Royal Lancaster London, Lancaster Terrace, London W2 2TY.
- All awards are made at the discretion of the judges.
- The right is reserved not to make awards in a particular category.
- The judges reserve the right to refuse entries without giving reasons.
Information supplied to or by the judges, or discussed between the judges and entrants, can be treated in complete confidence if requested.